For those dealing with infertility or struggling to build their family, one week of dedicated awareness might come nowhere close to covering the rollercoaster many couples and individuals have been experiencing for months, if not years. However, taking one week to dedicate to National Infertility Awareness is a celebration of infertility and the strength of those in that process.
This year, National Infertility Awareness Week is from April 18th to 24th, and we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the resources members have found most helpful during their journey. Our vision is for anyone who wants to have a child to be able to do so. Family building looks different for everyone, and with this in mind, we’ve compiled our resources for all potential pathways.
These are only a smattering of our resources, and if you have more specific interests, check out the rest of our resources at Progyny.com.
Fertility and family building in the workplace:
- Make the Case: Bring Fertility Benefits to Your Organization
- How to Ask Your Employer for Fertility Coverage
- How to Navigate Your Fertility Journey at Work
- 5 Ways to Support Employees with Infertility
- Why companies should offer fertility benefits
- Why Your Company Should Offer Fertility Benefits
- 6 questions to ask your employer about fertility benefits
- Why Microsoft revamped its fertility benefits plan
- April 21st Webinar: How to Support Your Employees During Their Family Building Journey
Emotional and mental health support:
- How to Ask for Emotional Support
- Stop the Self Blame Game: The Truth About Infertility and Stress
- Beyond the Physical: Mental Health on Your Fertility Journey
- Fighting the Fear of Failure
- 6 Ways to Manage Multiple Emotions
- 5 Ways to Support a Friend Who’s Struggling With Infertility
Getting started with a fertility and family building journey:
- Frequently Asked Questions During a Fertility Journey
- Finding Your Voice: How to be Your Own Fertility Advocate
- Expert Interview Series, Nutrition, Exercise, Self-Care: When Does It Matter for Your Fertility
- Being Part of the Care Team from Day One
- Featuring Emily Rich and Ian Schwartz
- What It’s Like to be a Progyny Member: Andrea F.
- Featuring Andrea F.
Fertility and Family Building in the LGBTQ Community
- Choosing Your Path to Parenthood: LGBTQ+ Family Building Options
- Understanding the Surrogacy Process
- Understanding the Adoption Process
- Reciprocal IVF for Women in Same Sex Relationships
- Fertility FAQ for Transgendered Men and Women
This Is Infertility Podcast – all episodes can be found here
NIAW 2020: A five-part series covering stories of change – change for previous podcast interviewees, their lives, and their priorities when it comes to life and family building.
- Episode 68: #NIAW: A Surprise on the Today Show
- Episode 69: #NIAW: An Eggcellent Adventure to Parenthood: Matt and Doree
- Episode 70: #NIAW: Pregnantish to Mom: Andrea Syrtash
- Episode 71: #NIAW: The Callahans’ New Ohana
- Episode 72: #NIAW: Different Paths Can Lead to the Same Place
General Infertility Advocacy
- Episode 1: Removing the Infertility Stigma Through National Infertility Awareness Week
- Episode 35: Infertility Uncovered in Front of Cameras: Jamie Stelter
- Episode 36: Infertility Uncovered When Limited Benefits Fall Short: Wajmah Yaqubi
- Episode 37: Infertility Uncovered in the Workplace: Katherine Goldstein
Stories to Inspire Hope:
- Today.com, NASCAR champ Kyle Busch and wife share infertility struggles
- Kyle and Samantha Busch discuss their fertility journey and why they’ve started their non-profit, The Bundle of Joy Fund.
- Today.com, Kyle and Samantha Busch help 1 couple fund their IVF costs
- Progyny donated $20K to help a struggling couple continue their fertility journey and they’ll receive support from one of Progyny’s PCAs.